CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Will She Always Be My Baby?

Still looking sleepy in the car.

Her classroom.

Waiting for the teacher, and peeking.

Ready to go!



Well the day is here, my "baby" is in first grade. It all began with a wake up from daddy, which was followed by a "but daddy, I don't want to wake up everyday for school....it's too early." Wow, if she only realized how many more years of waking up early there truly was ahead of her! She was excited, and quiet all at the same time. She mentioned that she was nervous too, something that I can remember from being a kid. We were there to walk her to her classroom and take many pictures. I did ask Matthew if we would be able to do the same thing in Jr. High, but I already knew the answer to that one. I managed to not shed a single tear, but that didn't mean that my eyes were totally dry.....yeah for sunglasses. Her teacher seems wonderful and knew who she was already (she said she studied the yearbook), which I thought was sweet. Then the teacher dismissed all us parents (if she hadn't who knows how long we would have stood there).......and Victoria turned around and asked for a goodbye kiss from both of us. Whoa, then it was really hard to contain those tears. Maybe she isn't too grown up after all, and she will ALWAYS be my baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm such a sap. Your words made me cry. I know how fast the years go by. My baby is 32.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Ok....that made me cry, too!