CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pug Pug


Pug Pug is what the girls called her, and she would answer to it. She was a lover, that wanted nothing more that to cuddle on someone's lap. She loved running down the street, racing the girls, and winning everytime. She would sit ready at the garage door when it was time to take Victoria to school.....she loved car rides.
Stella was stung by a bee yesterday afternoon, and immediately started showing signs of trauma. Vomiting, seizures, labored breathing and finally collapsing. I rushed her to the vet, I was told that she could be fine, and also told the worst case scenario. But who really thinks that your dog could die from a bee sting?! I sure didn't. I left her there, thinking I would be back to get her in a few hours. That wasn't the case. It was anaphylactic shock, and she was highly allergic...her body could not recover. We did things that I told myself we would never do to save a dog. But she was Stella, she was only a year old, and we loved her. I am not sure what hurts more, her being gone or spending so much money for nothing. I have never lost a dog, and I certainly never expected to be such a wreck about it. When I am not crying it's because there are no more tears. I tell myself I need to get it together. I picture her sitting on the lovesac waiting for me to join her, or seeing her wag that curly little tail in hopes that I will pick her up. Life will not be the same for a long while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so sorry. Just reading your word makes me cry. I dread the day... I hope your family can begin to heal soon.

xoxo

jaime said...

So sad!

Peris said...

I am so sorry....I can not imagine losing our pup...they become such a member of the family. Praying happy memories of Pug Pug for your girls and you....

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Mel. I don't have any words of wisdom or something to make it better but I believe that all God's little creatures will be in Heaven with us!