CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Clutter

Here I am, It is Thursday morning, my older girls are in school, Emma is watching a Barbie movie (those are kind of creepy) and I am deciding that my blog needs attention. So here is a list of things that are cluttering my congested mind.


  • Potty training Emma, this is the third attempt.
  • Working with Julianna on her schoolwork. Kinder for half a day is worthless.
  • Laundry, laundry, laundry....I think it grows and multiplies by itself.
  • My ticket. It makes me ill when I think about how expensive it is.
  • Disneyland expires next month. If we do the "give a day" thing we can use towards renewal, but then there is that dang ticket to pay for!
  • I have another photography gig this month. I love taking pictures, but I always get so nervous the weeks leading up to it. I know I just need to have more confidence in myself.
  • The grocery game is getting fun. $170 worth of groceries at Vons this week for $110....not too shabby.
  • How do we teach our girls the importance of selflessness? They have a playroom full of toys and lack for nothing. It is one of my biggest fears, raising selfish children.
  • I actually read the World Vision magazine that I get every month and it made me cry. I think that we forget the poverty and sadness in the world as we live our cushy little lives. To think that there are 7 and 8 year olds raising their younger siblings, living in straw huts and eating one small potato per day. Sometimes I feel like we are simply not doing enough.
  • I often think about adoption. Matthew isn't sold on the deal, so I will pray.
  • We are going to Israel in May with the Coffman's, and a 2 day stop in NYC. It will be an amazing trip with great friends.
I told you it was cluttered......but I feel better now.

3 comments:

jaime said...

Ok, you are too funny! Here are my suggestions to declutter your life:
-Let Emma potty train when she's ready, each kid is different and each one has done it on their own, when they are ready, they are ready!
-Homeschool, you'll only be spending the time you already spend on homework but then you're done for the day!
-Have laundry days, doing laundry - washing - folding - putting away, all on one day, twice a week, has been truly a sanity saver.
-Ticket - it sucks but hey, lesson learned, it's over, it's in de past, forget it! Where would we be without the knowledge and wisdom we've gained over the years from mistakes?
-DL, make some blankets, go one more time, and skip the passes. Seriously, you'll live without it. There is always next year! I mean, Jarod and Laura have NEVER been and look, they seem to be well adjusted!
-I'm doing another wedding a week from Sat. and I'm not even nervous yet! This comes 51 weeks after I vowed to never do it again! :-) Rest in the knowledge that He has already given you the skill, it'll be great. Yes, I'm trying to listen to my own advice here...
-The Grocery Game is a life saver, well, a money saver at least!
-The best examply of selflessness is to be selfless ourselves. Letting them have the last cookie, the last cherry. Watching what they want, iCarly, etc. We can constantly teach them to let their siblings go first and tell them it's because He went "first" for us!
-We support two children through Compassion but I agree with you, we are a spoiled nation! And how crazy that it's those that are "without" that end up having more of HIM!
-It'd be great to adopt, His will be done!
-NY and Israel, WHOO HOO!!!!!!
Be encouraged friend, love ya!

Peris said...

You do have a lot on your mind....I agree emma will be ready when she is ready....I am trying my first grocery game excursion today...however I did not find too much that I needed so we will see. I would love to chat more about yor photo skills and prices to have you do our family pics this spring...our disney passes expired last september it was a bitter sweet last hurrah up there but it was worth it for the two years we did it and now the girls will appriciate it more when we go back up there...speaking of which rory has decided for a 2fer pass for her birthday in lew of a party or presents...yay for me....so her and Brian will go up for two days...enjoy your day!!!!

jdmaalopez said...

love you mel! you are an amazing mother and your children are proof. they are sweet little girls and we love them so much!