CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Desert Oasis





We spent this weekend in La Quinta (close to Palm Springs) and it truly was an oasis. Matthew was in a golf tournament on Friday and Saturday so the girls and I spent our time at the pool. And when I say our time, I mean ALL day. The girls made friends there and had a blast. Emma liked the pool, but had her moments of pure meltdown, followed by a few naps in the shade. The hotel was gorgeous and quite fancy. The rooms are more casita style, and old fashioned looking (it's been there since the 1930's). Matthew and I hired a sitter that came to the room on Saturday night so we could go to a cocktail party at his uncle's house, as an after the tournament kinda thing. It was a fabulous time outside in the desert air, with great food and yummy drinks. It was also a nice break from the kids for a short 4 hours :) It was hard to choose just a few pictures to post. Oh, and I must mention for Matthew that he was a mere half stroke away from winning $400. Ugh!


Oh, and the people watching there was so fun. Lots of money floating around. The moms with the private cabanas that read a book in the sun the whole day while the nannny dealt with the bratty kids. I think that I might have finished one page of my book, or maybe it was just a paragraph?!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun!!