CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today my dad turns 57! Don't worry though, because 50 is the new 30, or so goes the rumor. Even though I am all grown up I sometimes still see him as the guy in the picture below.....loving his music and his long hair. I can remember a time in high school when I had to describe my dad and who he was, and it went a little something like this....."My dad is a mellow guy and never quick to anger (unless mom brings home a puppy without asking). He is a perfectionist in all he does, from music to a simple grocery list. He is selfless. He forgives those that do wrong against him, even when they don't ask for it. He loves surfing, music and sparkling water."

There are only a handful of times in my life when I can remember my dad angry or sad, instead, he always seemed to be smiling and laughing. I remember watching him cry when my little brother got sick, and being scared at what that truly meant. I remember him getting angry when his Les Paul guitar was stolen. I remember him coaching my softball team and taking me to the batting cages. I remember countless Padres games, always getting there early for autographs. I remember him teaching me to drive a stick, and looking frustrated in that seat next to me. I remember him singing at my wedding a special song that he wrote. I remember him being there when Victoria was born.

I love you dad, and happy birthday!


Most of my memories are of my dad singing.

Dad, me and mom (gotta love that hair).

Riding Thunder Mountain.

Not just a dad anymore, but a papa.

0 comments: